Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Big News!

I have spent a lot of time and effort on my Etsy shop and I'm very proud of how much it has grown since I listed my first item on August 1, 2010.  I used to spend at least an hour a day browsing the custom requests section and placing bids on things that people needed.  Now that section no longer exists, at least temporarily.  Even after sending a letter to the Etsy support staff, I am not satisfied with their explanation of when or even if Alchemy will be returning.  This change has resulted in a significant loss of business and so I've been considering alternative methods of growing my little business.

The first big change I've made is to open a store on another handmade crafts website.  Presenting my new studio on artfire.com!  It will take a while to get all of my listings set up, but I'm working steadily.  :)  I have no plans to close my Etsy shop, but a good business must always learn to adapt to changing circumstances.

Today I also added new color options to many of my existing wedding invitation designs, which I'm really excited about.  Here are two of my favorite designs in two new colors:



I'm looking forward to continuing to expand Daisy Design Shop into new markets and watching my little business grow!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment