Monday, February 28, 2011

Southern Charm

Have you ever been to Savannah, Georgia?  In my opinion, it is one of the most elegant cities in this country.  I love it so much that my husband and I were married there.  :)  Even though I love our home in Illinois, sometimes I get a tiny bit nostalgic for that southern city.

I've been working on a series of save-the-date cards and wedding invitations inspired by southern architecture.  It's hard not to feel inspired when you think of such places as the Azalea Inn & Gardens:


This save-the-date design was inspired by the hanging signs you can see outside of most B&Bs, including the one in the above picture:


I also love the elegant street lamps you can see in many old southern cities.  They are especially gorgeous on summer evenings when the sun first goes down.  Pair a lamp post with some elegant iron scrolls and you've got a winner!


Finally, Birmingham is famous for its wrought iron fences, which are often impressively intricate.  I created a coordinating save-the-date and wedding invitation set inspired by those works of art:

No comments:

Post a Comment