Monday, April 4, 2011

Bird Cage Weddings

I'll admit, I've never been much of a bird person.  That is, until recently.  It started with a nest that fell out of a tree and landed in the road in front of my house.  From my bedroom window, I saw the tiniest baby bird lying helpless in the middle of the road.  I rushed outside wearing plastic wrap over my hands because I couldn't find any gloves.  As gently as I could, I moved the baby bird into the grass and fed him some birdseed by hand.  I was automatically in love with that fluffy baby.  When the mother bird dive-bombed my head showed up, I figured the baby was safe to leave alone.

Then, in the middle of this (very long) Illinois winter, a few cardinals started showing up daily to eat the birdseed my husband and I left out on the back deck.  It was really amazing to see spots of bright red in an otherwise completely white landscape.  Soon we started seeing many more birds, including a fluffy puffball that had a bit of a crooked wing.  I like to think that it's the same one we rescued  :)

I began to pay more attention to bird-themed decor, especially as related to weddings.  Birds' nests and bird cages are pretty popular right now, and it's no wonder when you see pictures like this:


So I've decided to add my own touch to this popular idea with the following save-the-date cards and wedding invitation:




Bird-themed decor is quite diverse and doesn't have to be limited to weddings.  Next time I'll share some baby shower ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I am a nut for bird cages. :) I love the classic and vintage look of them. I'd love to have them in my home but I can never seem to find the right place for them.

    ReplyDelete